Here the press release:
Bonn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner today released NeoFinder 7.5, an important update to the disk cataloging software for macOS. The new version of NeoFinder allows users to freely define and edit additional annotation fields for photos and film files. The Icon View can be instructed to show up to three of these additional fields or other metadata.
The software is certified for macOS 10.15 and "notarized" by Apple. The search for faces and the improved navigation to the previous or next file directly in the Inspector makes it easier to edit metadata efficiently for large amounts of data. New AutoUpdater options allow catalogs to be updated at program startup, when a volume is mounted, or on specific weekdays.
The new version is free for NeoFinder 7.x customers.
Annotations for photos and videos
In addition to the normal metadata fields, users can define and edit their own custom annotation fields in the Inspector. This data is stored in the XMP standard, with NeoFinder using the Phase One MediaPro compatible format. This data can also be cataloged from existing files, or imported from iView XML import files. The Icon View displays up to three of these fields, in addition to other metadata the user wants to see.
Ready for macOS 10.15:
NeoFinder 7.5 is not only "notarized", but also supports the new folder protection cages introduced in macOS 10.15, and can better catalog the newly separated system partition. All functions were checked in macOS 10.15, and if necessary corrected or improved.
To support very large image archives, NeoFinder can search for faces, and mark the found areas in images in the Inspector. In conjunction with the XMP person metadata, users can manually tag the found images with faces with the appropriate person names.
In addition to the scheduled update of catalogs (with the NeoFinder Business license), catalogs can now be updated automatically when NeoFinder starts, or when the corresponding volume is mounted. In addition, you can decide for each day of the week whether the update should take place or not.
If you are interested in this amazing new technology, we can provide you a review license for NeoFinder Mac, and even a license code for NeoFinder iOS. And we are of course here for any questions you may have.
* New licenses start at 29 Euros for a NeoFinder Private License
* Cataloging - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords, persons, and ratings. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
* Managing Metadata - The built-in XMP metadata editor with presets can edit and add keywords, ratings, persons, descriptions, copyright information, and more to photos and videos.
* Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
* Mobile - Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
* Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios. The AppleScript support in NeoFinder allows custom integrations of all kinds.
* Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays important facts about any geolocation in the truly unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 94,000 customers in 102 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Mac OS X v10.8 - macOS 10.15
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available
Pricing and Availability:
The price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. Cross-grades for users of similar applications (Cinematica, DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and others) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website.
NeoFinder 7.5: https://www.cdfinder.de/
Download NeoFinder for macOS: https://www.wfs-apps.de/updates/neofinder.7.5.zip
Purchase NeoFinder: https://www.cdfinder.de/en/order.html